Explosions rock Libyan battleground town
Ajdabiya: Loud explosions
rocked the Libyan battleground town of Ajdabiya for a second
day on Sunday, as rebel fighters advanced cautiously after
suffering a major reverse at the hands of loyalists.
An AFP correspondent in rebel-held territory east of
the town heard some 10 massive blasts in the space of minutes
as the two sides disputed the strategic road junction on the
east`s coastal and desert highways.
"There is intense shelling of the town from the west,"
resident Hafeth Zwai told a news agency by telephone.
He said he had no idea what casualties or damage the
artillery bombardment by forces loyal to Muammer Gaddafi was
causing as he was afraid to leave his home.
Yesterday, after advancing towards the oil refinery
town of Brega, some 80 kilometres further west on the central
coast, rebel forces ran into a loyalist counter-offensive that
saw them pushed all the back to the eastern edge of Ajdabiya.
The town itself was turned into a battlefield between
the rival fighters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you