Explosions wound 10 in southern Thailand
Pattani (Thailand): Police say suspected insurgents detonated two bombs that wounded 10 people and staged a series of minor attacks in nearly 30 spots in Thailand`s violence-plagued south.
Police Col Tongsuk Jaranpong says the militants set off an improvised bomb in a garbage can in the city of Pattani Saturday night.
The explosion slightly wounded three police officers who had been called to inspect a suspicious item.
Tongsuk says seven civilian security officers suffered minor injuries in another explosion in Pattani yesterday while travelling in a pickup truck.
He said today that the insurgents also burned tires and set buildings on fire in 29 different locations across Pattani province.
More than 5,000 people have been killed in Thailand`s southernmost provinces since an Islamist insurgency erupted in 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant