Explosions wound 10 in southern Thailand
Pattani (Thailand): Police say suspected insurgents detonated two bombs that wounded 10 people and staged a series of minor attacks in nearly 30 spots in Thailand`s violence-plagued south.
Police Col Tongsuk Jaranpong says the militants set off an improvised bomb in a garbage can in the city of Pattani Saturday night.
The explosion slightly wounded three police officers who had been called to inspect a suspicious item.
Tongsuk says seven civilian security officers suffered minor injuries in another explosion in Pattani yesterday while travelling in a pickup truck.
He said today that the insurgents also burned tires and set buildings on fire in 29 different locations across Pattani province.
More than 5,000 people have been killed in Thailand`s southernmost provinces since an Islamist insurgency erupted in 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class