Explosions wound 10 in southern Thailand
Pattani (Thailand): Police say suspected insurgents detonated two bombs that wounded 10 people and staged a series of minor attacks in nearly 30 spots in Thailand`s violence-plagued south.
Police Col Tongsuk Jaranpong says the militants set off an improvised bomb in a garbage can in the city of Pattani Saturday night.
The explosion slightly wounded three police officers who had been called to inspect a suspicious item.
Tongsuk says seven civilian security officers suffered minor injuries in another explosion in Pattani yesterday while travelling in a pickup truck.
He said today that the insurgents also burned tires and set buildings on fire in 29 different locations across Pattani province.
More than 5,000 people have been killed in Thailand`s southernmost provinces since an Islamist insurgency erupted in 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP