Explosions wound 10 in southern Thailand
Pattani (Thailand): Police say suspected insurgents detonated two bombs that wounded 10 people and staged a series of minor attacks in nearly 30 spots in Thailand`s violence-plagued south.
Police Col Tongsuk Jaranpong says the militants set off an improvised bomb in a garbage can in the city of Pattani Saturday night.
The explosion slightly wounded three police officers who had been called to inspect a suspicious item.
Tongsuk says seven civilian security officers suffered minor injuries in another explosion in Pattani yesterday while travelling in a pickup truck.
He said today that the insurgents also burned tires and set buildings on fire in 29 different locations across Pattani province.
More than 5,000 people have been killed in Thailand`s southernmost provinces since an Islamist insurgency erupted in 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside