F-22s in UAE are US-Israeli plot: Iran lawmaker
Tehran: A prominent Iranian lawmaker says the reported basing of America`s most sophisticated stealth jet fighters in the United Arab Emirates is a US-Israel plot to create regional instability.
Kazem Jalali was reacting to media reports of the recent deployment of F-22 Raptors at the UAE`s Al Dafra Air Base, which has long hosted US warplanes.
The deployment was first reported in the journal Aviation Week, but US and UAE officials have not publicly commented.
Jalali was quoted by the semiofficial ISNA news agency on Sunday.
Tehran and Washington are at odds over Iran`s nuclear program. The US and Israel say Iran is seeking nuclear weapons, a charge Tehran denies. The two countries have not ruled out military action against Iranian facilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan