F-22s in UAE are US-Israeli plot: Iran lawmaker
Tehran: A prominent Iranian lawmaker says the reported basing of America`s most sophisticated stealth jet fighters in the United Arab Emirates is a US-Israel plot to create regional instability.
Kazem Jalali was reacting to media reports of the recent deployment of F-22 Raptors at the UAE`s Al Dafra Air Base, which has long hosted US warplanes.
The deployment was first reported in the journal Aviation Week, but US and UAE officials have not publicly commented.
Jalali was quoted by the semiofficial ISNA news agency on Sunday.
Tehran and Washington are at odds over Iran`s nuclear program. The US and Israel say Iran is seeking nuclear weapons, a charge Tehran denies. The two countries have not ruled out military action against Iranian facilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!