FAA to probe emergency landing of plane carrying George W Bush
Houston: US aviation authority will probe the emergency landing of a private jet carrying former President George W Bush, after the pilot reported smelling smoke in the cockpit.
The Gulfstream IV aircraft made an emergency landing yesterday night at the Louisville International Airport after the smell of smoke was detected in the cockpit, according to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) spokeswoman Holly Baker.
Baker identified the call sign for the flight as PEG26, which is listed in 2013 FAA records under Pegasus Elite Aviation, a private jet company with operations based in Arizona.
The aircraft was travelling from Philadelphia International airport to Dallas Love Field airport, but landed safely in Louisville, Baker added.
Later, Bush, arrived safely home in Dallas, arrived safely home in Dallas, his spokesman Freddy Ford said.
Bush was in Pennsylvania on Saturday for a fundraiser for The First Tee Greater Philadelphia, an organisation that focuses on youth education through golf.
Bush is First Tee`s honorary chairman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Consume lots of fruits during pregnancy to have smart kids!
- Eight killed after jeep falls in gorge in Uttarakhand
- 'No past govts ever achieved as much as Narendra Modi did in past two years'
- Eight injured in bus blast in Haryana, government forms SIT
- CBSE Class 10th Results 2016: (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) CBSE 10th result 2016, CBSE Class 10th X Results 2016, CBSE Board 10th Class results to be declared today