Facebook COO switches flight, avoids Asiana Airlines crash
Washington: Facebook Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg and other executives at the social media giant escaped potential disaster when they switched to a United flight returning from a Korean business trip.
They were earlier booked on the Asiana Air flight that crash landed at San Francisco International Airport Saturday morning killing two people and leaving at least 49 critically injured.
"I was on another flight from Korea at the exact same time," USA Today quoted Sandberg as tweeting. "We are ok. My friend on that flight is ok, too."
Sandberg said colleagues Debbie Frost, Charlton Gholson and Kelly Hoffman also switched flights.
Sandberg author of the recently released best seller "Lean In", took another flight from Seoul to cash in air miles tickets for family members, according to USA Today. She said the United flight landed 20 minutes before the Asiana crashed.
"Thanks you to everyone who is reaching out - and sorry if we worried anyone," she tweeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley