‘Fairer nation China can teach UK about happiness’
London: China could teach Britain a lot about happiness because it is a more “equal” society, the Archbishop of York has said.
Dr John Sentamu said that problems such as homelessness showed that it was time to reassess the basic values on which our society is based.
He argued that it is clear that the British is “not happy” and that “fairer” countries such as China, Japan and Netherlands also have more contented populations, the Telegraph reports.
The Archbishop said that it was possible to judge how healthy a society is by how it treats the most vulnerable people, adding that a more equal society is also proven to be a happier society.
He pointed out that on the basis of global figures, China is happiest, then Japan, then the Netherlands, because they are the most equal societies, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi