Fallen Chinese leader Bo Xilai to stand trial on Aug 22
Beijing: Disgraced Chinese leader Bo Xilai, charged with bribery, corruption and abuse of power, will be put on "open trial" on August 22, state media said here Sunday.
Bo will stand open trial at the Jinan Intermediate People`s Court next week for charges of bribery, graft and abuse of power, official Xinhua news agency quoted an announcement by the court in eastern China`s Shandong province.
"The open trial will start on August 22," the report said.
Bo, the 64-year-old former boss of the Communist Party in Chongqing city, had been expelled from the ruling party after a scandal surrounding the murder of a British businessman.
His wife Gu Kailai was jailed last August for the killing of businessman Neil Heywood.
The scandal involving Bo rocked the communist nation with claims of corruption at the top of the party just months ahead of once-in-a-decade leadership change.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof