Family planning key to sustainability: Hillary Clinton
Rio de Janeiro: United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has taken a stand for women`s reproductive rights during the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development in Rio de Janeiro.
Hillary Clinton told the audience today that she applauds the final document`s endorsement of women`s sexual and reproductive health as an essential element in sustainable development.
But she said ensuring women`s ability to control when and whether to have children is essential. Hillary Clinton said the United States would continue to work to ensure reproductive rights are respected in international agreements.
Several other policymakers have taken similar stances during the UN conference, objecting to the omission of specific language on reproductive rights in the final document.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand