Family planning key to sustainability: Hillary Clinton
Rio de Janeiro: United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has taken a stand for women`s reproductive rights during the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development in Rio de Janeiro.
Hillary Clinton told the audience today that she applauds the final document`s endorsement of women`s sexual and reproductive health as an essential element in sustainable development.
But she said ensuring women`s ability to control when and whether to have children is essential. Hillary Clinton said the United States would continue to work to ensure reproductive rights are respected in international agreements.
Several other policymakers have taken similar stances during the UN conference, objecting to the omission of specific language on reproductive rights in the final document.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat