Family planning key to sustainability: Hillary Clinton
Rio de Janeiro: United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has taken a stand for women`s reproductive rights during the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development in Rio de Janeiro.
Hillary Clinton told the audience today that she applauds the final document`s endorsement of women`s sexual and reproductive health as an essential element in sustainable development.
But she said ensuring women`s ability to control when and whether to have children is essential. Hillary Clinton said the United States would continue to work to ensure reproductive rights are respected in international agreements.
Several other policymakers have taken similar stances during the UN conference, objecting to the omission of specific language on reproductive rights in the final document.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Bombs kill nearly 150 in Syrian government-held cities
- India, Iran, Afghanistan ink 'historic' Chabahar port agreement; PM Modi calls it 'corridor of peace, prosperity'
- Jayalalithaa sworn in as Tamil Nadu CM for sixth time, inducts 32 ministers
- Oil prices dip as Iran says no plan to freeze output
- IMF said Greece needs 'unconditional' debt relief from EU creditors