Family planning key to sustainability: Hillary Clinton
Rio de Janeiro: United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has taken a stand for women`s reproductive rights during the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development in Rio de Janeiro.
Hillary Clinton told the audience today that she applauds the final document`s endorsement of women`s sexual and reproductive health as an essential element in sustainable development.
But she said ensuring women`s ability to control when and whether to have children is essential. Hillary Clinton said the United States would continue to work to ensure reproductive rights are respected in international agreements.
Several other policymakers have taken similar stances during the UN conference, objecting to the omission of specific language on reproductive rights in the final document.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16