Family planning key to sustainability: Hillary Clinton
Rio de Janeiro: United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has taken a stand for women`s reproductive rights during the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development in Rio de Janeiro.
Hillary Clinton told the audience today that she applauds the final document`s endorsement of women`s sexual and reproductive health as an essential element in sustainable development.
But she said ensuring women`s ability to control when and whether to have children is essential. Hillary Clinton said the United States would continue to work to ensure reproductive rights are respected in international agreements.
Several other policymakers have taken similar stances during the UN conference, objecting to the omission of specific language on reproductive rights in the final document.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof