FARC blamed for bomb that kills one, wounds 25
Bogota: A motorcycle bomb attack blamed on Colombia`s FARC rebels killed one person and wounded at least 25 after a local truce by the guerrillas ended, an official said on Thursday.
The attack took place near a local government headquarters in the western municipality of Pradera, Mayor Adolfo Leon told the RCN radio station, noting that "of the 25 wounded, six are critical."
He said the FARC was responsible.
The motorcycle had been loaded with explosives and placed in front of the building. The payload was then detonated, according to Leon.
Yesterday, the FARC ended a month-long holiday season truce that had been a gesture of goodwill during the peace talks with the Colombian government that are taking place in Havana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’