FARC, Taliban are among largest traffickers: US
Cancun: A top US State Department
anti-narcotics official says Colombia`s leftist rebels and the
Taliban are among the world`s largest drug-trafficking
Assistant Secretary of State William Brownfield says
that drug-trafficking organisations have aligned with
political and ideological movements in recent decades, citing
the followers of Osama bin Laden and the Revolutionary Armed
Forces of Colombia as examples.
Brownfield says that although the two organisations
don`t exist for drug trafficking, it can no longer be
considered separate from their political and ideological
Brownfield addressed representatives of more than 100
countries today at the annual International Conference for
Drug Control in Cancun.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery