Father of Boston bombings` suspects seeks justice
Moscow: The Russian father of two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings hopes to travel to the US and seek justice for his sons, who he believes were set up.
Anzor Tsarnaev, a resident of the volatile republic of Dagestan, has maintained that his sons are not criminals, but victims of a "provocation" despite all the reports from the US authorities.
"I don`t know where my son is, I don`t know what happened to him," Tsarnaev told RIA Novosti in a phone interview from Makhachkala, capital city of Dagestan.
"I want to go to America. We will take measures, seek justice," he said.
The only remaining suspect in the bombings, 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, was taken into custody late Friday after a massive manhunt which followed a shootout with police Thursday night in which his brother, 26-year-old Tamerlan, was killed.
The two men were identified as ethnic Chechens from southern Russia`s North Caucasus who have lived in the US for about a decade.
Police haven`t reported any possible motives behind the Boston bombings that killed three people and injured around 180.
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was reportedly seriously wounded late Friday when police found him lying bloodied in a boat at a backyard in Watertown.
His father, Anzor Tsarnaev, said he is ready to appeal to the European Court of Human Rights in an effort to seek truth in the case.
He recalled in the interview that the last time he talked to his sons was shortly after the Boston Marathon bombings.
One of them told the worrying father that everything was fine and none of them was injured in the incident.
The elder Tsarnaev said that the two brothers, who were the family`s pride, planned to start a private business.
Earlier, the suspects` uncle, Ruslan Tsarni, who also lives in the US, slammed his nephews in televised remarks for bringing shame on "the entire Chechen community".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves