Father, son shot by mistake in Britain
London: A 50-year-old man and his 21-year-old son were mistakenly shot by a hitman in the British capital, a court heard. The father died but the son survived.
The Old Bailey court heard that Ahmet Paytak and his son Huseyin were closing their shop in March 2009 when two men pulled up on a motorcycle, The Independent daily reported.
The gunman -- identified as Ricardo Dwyer -- went into the shop in Holloway in north London, and fired four shots, killing the father and injuring the son.
But Dwyer was paid to target another father and son who also worked in the store, the court heard.
Dwyer denies charges of murder and attempted murder. His motorcycle riding accomplice, Michael James was earlier convicted of murder and jailed for life.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on