Father who hired Lamborghini for son`s birthday dies in crash
London: A dotting father, who wanted to make his son happy on his 21st birthday, died on Sunday after their hired Lamborghini sports car crashed in Greater Manchester, a media report said.
Graham Padmore, 58, was driving the Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder when the expensive car crashed at Woodford Aerodrome and critically injured him.
Padmore had hired the car as a treat for his son`s 21st birthday on June 25.
Police were called soon after the accident and found the car upside down in the garden of a nearby house.
Padmore was taken to hospital and his son Mark, who was a passenger in the car, was treated for bruising, the BBC reported today.
In a tribute to Padmore, his family said: "Graham was a loving, doting husband and father of four to Claire, Helen, Catherine and Mark. He lived for his family and friends.
"On Monday 25th June he was treating his son, Mark, to a ride in a Lamborghini for his 21st birthday, which was typical of Graham, when this tragic accident occurred.
"He just wanted to be with his family and see them happy. "We will miss him dearly but he will live with us forever in whatever we do."
Police are now investigating how the car came to leave the track at the airfield. No other vehicles were involved.
Sergent Danny Byrne, from Greater Manchester Police`s serious collision investigation unit, said: "The investigation into this tragic incident is still in the early stages.
"We are attempting to find out the full facts of what happened that day and have several lines of inquiry to follow.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India