FBI agents` training material is `critical of Islam`
Washington: In a startling revelation, 876 pages of training material used for training Federal Bureau of Investigation’s agents has been found to be critical and offensive of Islam.
Out of 160,000 pages of training material, analyzed by the FBI six-month long review, 876 offensive or inaccurate pages that had been used in 392 presentations were found critical of Islam.
Although FBI has not released the offensive training material, but Democratic senator Dick Durbin of Illinois described a few pages of it in a letter, asking FBI Director Robert Mueller to institute five changes so that improper FBI training on Islam doesn’t takes place again.
FBI spokesman Michael Kortan said that every trainer has been identified, and interviewed by an FBI inspection team.
He further added the team determined that the problems were performance-related, poor judgment or inadequate training, rather than intentional misconduct.
As a result, instructors were counselled, and in some cases removed from training positions.
Senator Durbin said he is disturbed that the FBI does not plan to produce a written report on the six-month review, and said he wants the agents who received anti-Muslim training to be retained.
This thing initiated last September after the online publication Wired.com reported that the FBI had ceased a lecture in which the instructor told agent trainees in Virginia that the more pious a Muslim is, the more likely he is to be violent.
The analyst subsequently gave a similar lecture at an FBI-sponsored public-private partnership in New York City.
However, Kortan, refused to discuss the issue related to the retraining of those agents.
“Out of 160,000 pages of training material reviewed, just 876 pages - fewer than 1% - were inconsistent with the FBI``s core values,” Express.co.uk quoted Kortan, as saying.
“Mistakes were made, and we are correcting those mistakes. Through this review process, we recognized that we lacked a centralized process to ensure all training materials were reviewed and validated. We are addressing that gap so this does not happen again,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Lawless UP: Dalit couple hacked to death for Rs 15 in Mulayam Singh Yadav's bastion Mainpuri
- GST Bill: Efforts to hammer out consensus gathers momentum, likely to be tabled in Rajya Sabha next week
- Brexit shockwaves hit British jobs, consumer confidence
- Mandsaur Muslim women assault case: Four accused held as victims narrate tale of horror
- Rupee rules firm for 3rd day, up 10 paise to 67.04 Vs USD