FBI agents` training material is `critical of Islam`
Washington: In a startling revelation, 876 pages of training material used for training Federal Bureau of Investigation’s agents has been found to be critical and offensive of Islam.
Out of 160,000 pages of training material, analyzed by the FBI six-month long review, 876 offensive or inaccurate pages that had been used in 392 presentations were found critical of Islam.
Although FBI has not released the offensive training material, but Democratic senator Dick Durbin of Illinois described a few pages of it in a letter, asking FBI Director Robert Mueller to institute five changes so that improper FBI training on Islam doesn’t takes place again.
FBI spokesman Michael Kortan said that every trainer has been identified, and interviewed by an FBI inspection team.
He further added the team determined that the problems were performance-related, poor judgment or inadequate training, rather than intentional misconduct.
As a result, instructors were counselled, and in some cases removed from training positions.
Senator Durbin said he is disturbed that the FBI does not plan to produce a written report on the six-month review, and said he wants the agents who received anti-Muslim training to be retained.
This thing initiated last September after the online publication Wired.com reported that the FBI had ceased a lecture in which the instructor told agent trainees in Virginia that the more pious a Muslim is, the more likely he is to be violent.
The analyst subsequently gave a similar lecture at an FBI-sponsored public-private partnership in New York City.
However, Kortan, refused to discuss the issue related to the retraining of those agents.
“Out of 160,000 pages of training material reviewed, just 876 pages - fewer than 1% - were inconsistent with the FBI``s core values,” Express.co.uk quoted Kortan, as saying.
“Mistakes were made, and we are correcting those mistakes. Through this review process, we recognized that we lacked a centralized process to ensure all training materials were reviewed and validated. We are addressing that gap so this does not happen again,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'