FBI director in Libya over Benghazi investigation
Tripoli: Libyan officials say the head of the FBI is in Tripoli for talks on the investigation into last year`s killing of the US Ambassador and three other Americans in the eastern city of Benghazi.
The officials say FBI director Robert Mueller arrived on Thursday and is to meet with senior Libyan officials, including the Prime Minister, Justice Minister and Intelligence Chief. They spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the visit.
Ambassador Chris Stevens and the other Americans were killed in Benghazi last September in an attack that Washington suspects was carried out by al Qaeda-linked militants.
There has been little news of progress so far in the investigation, and US officials have complained about poor cooperation with the governments of the region in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY