FBI director in Libya over Benghazi investigation
Tripoli: Libyan officials say the head of the FBI is in Tripoli for talks on the investigation into last year`s killing of the US Ambassador and three other Americans in the eastern city of Benghazi.
The officials say FBI director Robert Mueller arrived on Thursday and is to meet with senior Libyan officials, including the Prime Minister, Justice Minister and Intelligence Chief. They spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the visit.
Ambassador Chris Stevens and the other Americans were killed in Benghazi last September in an attack that Washington suspects was carried out by al Qaeda-linked militants.
There has been little news of progress so far in the investigation, and US officials have complained about poor cooperation with the governments of the region in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!