FBI ends landfill search near Boston bombing suspect`s university
Boston: The FBI has concluded its search of a landfill near a Massachusetts college where the 19-year-old suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings was a student.
FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller says the two-day search ended yesterday. Eimiller wouldn`t say what investigators were looking for or whether they recovered anything from the landfill.
Bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was a second-year student at the University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth. Students say he returned to the campus after the bombings.
Two of his college friends were detained April 20 and were being held at a Boston jail for violating their student visas by not regularly attending classes.
A lawyer for one says the two students have been interviewed by FBI agents, cooperated fully and aren`t suspects in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam