FBI ends landfill search near Boston bombing suspect`s university
Boston: The FBI has concluded its search of a landfill near a Massachusetts college where the 19-year-old suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings was a student.
FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller says the two-day search ended yesterday. Eimiller wouldn`t say what investigators were looking for or whether they recovered anything from the landfill.
Bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was a second-year student at the University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth. Students say he returned to the campus after the bombings.
Two of his college friends were detained April 20 and were being held at a Boston jail for violating their student visas by not regularly attending classes.
A lawyer for one says the two students have been interviewed by FBI agents, cooperated fully and aren`t suspects in the attack.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference