FBI ends landfill search near Boston bombing suspect`s university
Boston: The FBI has concluded its search of a landfill near a Massachusetts college where the 19-year-old suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings was a student.
FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller says the two-day search ended yesterday. Eimiller wouldn`t say what investigators were looking for or whether they recovered anything from the landfill.
Bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was a second-year student at the University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth. Students say he returned to the campus after the bombings.
Two of his college friends were detained April 20 and were being held at a Boston jail for violating their student visas by not regularly attending classes.
A lawyer for one says the two students have been interviewed by FBI agents, cooperated fully and aren`t suspects in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway