FBI finds al Qaeda videos in Rana`s house
Washington: Giving a new dimension to the LeT
plot to attack Indian facilities, FBI sleuths have recovered
two inflammatory al-Qaeda videos containing speeches by Osama
bin Laden and other terrorists from the house of Pakistan-born
Canadian Tahawwur Hussain Rana, who was arrested last month.
Produced by `As Sahab Media`, commonly acknowledged to be
the media wing of al-Qaeda, one of the videos is titled
`Bombing of Denmark Embassy` and was recovered from the living
room of 48-year-old Rana, who has been staying in Chicago for
nearly a decade.
Rana was arrested by FBI last month along with David
Coleman Headley, 49, for planning attacks on National Defence
College in Delhi, Doon school in Dehradun and Woodstock in
Mussourie, besides some other facilities at the LeT`s behest.
Indian investigators are in the US to question Headley,
who had made several trips to Pakistan and was in constant
touch with Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) leaders.
Federal prosecutors in a supporting affidavit submitted
to a Chicago court yesterday informed judge Nan R Nolan about
The video on Denmark, where a newspaper had published
cartoons of Prophet Mohammad, is 54-minute long.
"That video was contained on a DVD recovered from the
living room of defendant Rana`s home on October 18, 2009,"
federal prosecutors said. "The video is narrated by Abu Yahya
al-Libi, an al-Qaeda spokesman who reportedly escaped from
American custody in Afghanistan."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets