FBI foils plot to kill Obama with X-ray weapon
Washington: The FBI has reportedly foiled a plot to kill US president Barack Obama with a deadly X-ray weapon.
The X-ray system was designed to emit deadly amounts of radiation and could be detonated remotely, ABC News reports.
According to the report, Glendon Scott Crawford and Eric J. Feight constructed the weapon of mass destruction to kill Obama and blamed him for the Boston bombings. Crawford blamed `Obama`s policies` for the Boston attacks and said that Obama directed the government to bring Muslims in US without background checks.
FBI described Crawford as member of the Ku Klux Klan and had named his design as `Hiroshima on a light switch`.
According to the report, the FBI had launched an investigation to Crawford last spring when he had allegedly entered a synagogue and enquired for a technology that could kill `Israel`s enemies while they slept`.
The plot was eventually foiled when Crawford and Freight decided to meet at GE to connect the final components of the device but was arrested by the FBI.
Jim Healy, communications director for GE Power and Water said that the company had no reason to believe that the crime took place on GE property but are fully cooperating with the authorities in investigation.
Crawford and Freight have been charged with conspiracy to provide material support to terrorists through the use of weapon of mass destruction.
U.S. Attorney Richard Hartunian said that people must remain vigilant to detect and stop potential terrorists, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family