FBI investigates threats against Bergdahl family
Washington: US authorities are investigating threats against the family of former Taliban prisoner Bowe Bergdahl.
FBI spokesman William Facer said yesterday in a statement: "The FBI continues to monitor the situation in Hailey, Idaho. We are working jointly with our state and local partners and taking each threat seriously."
The soldier`s parents, Bob and Jani Bergdahl, live in Hailey. Facer did not detail the nature of the threats.
Bergdahl`s hometown abruptly canceled plans on Wednesday for a welcome-home celebration, citing security concerns.
The town of 8,000 has been swamped with hate mail and angry calls. Bergdahl`s release after five years of captivity in Afghanistan has touched off a debate over whether the 28-year-old should be given a hero`s welcome or punished as a deserter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply