FBI investigates threats against Bergdahl family
Washington: US authorities are investigating threats against the family of former Taliban prisoner Bowe Bergdahl.
FBI spokesman William Facer said yesterday in a statement: "The FBI continues to monitor the situation in Hailey, Idaho. We are working jointly with our state and local partners and taking each threat seriously."
The soldier`s parents, Bob and Jani Bergdahl, live in Hailey. Facer did not detail the nature of the threats.
Bergdahl`s hometown abruptly canceled plans on Wednesday for a welcome-home celebration, citing security concerns.
The town of 8,000 has been swamped with hate mail and angry calls. Bergdahl`s release after five years of captivity in Afghanistan has touched off a debate over whether the 28-year-old should be given a hero`s welcome or punished as a deserter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate