FBI produces mug shots of `aged` Osama bin Laden
London: New photographs released by FBI forensic artists show al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden aging a little since he was last seen in September 2007, but has put on little or no weight in the parched surroundings of the Afghan-Pakistani border.
Even as the unyielding search to find bin Laden continues, his digitally enhanced photographs have been released showing how he might look today: one in his traditional outfit, the other showing him with trimmed beard and Western clothing, The Times reports.
The “age-progression images” were produced in the latest effort to find the elusive al Qaeda leader.
“It is our hope that these digitally enhanced images will help someone recognise these terrorist suspects and then contact the Rewards for Justice program with information that leads to their apprehension,” Robert Eckert, assistant director for Diplomatic Security’s Threat Information and Analysis Directorate, said.
In 2007, a 30-minute video released by al Qaeda showed bin Laden sporting a trimmed beard rather than the straggly and seemingly unkempt appearance he seemed to be wearing in 2004.
He wore the same white turban and traditional white long-sleeved Sunni shirt that extends below the knees.
In the video, which surfaced after his absence for three years, bin Laden said the US had given (then US) president (George W) Bush "a clear mandate from you... to continue to murder our people in Iraq and Afghanistan" following his re-election for a second term. He added that events in Iraq were "out of control".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre