FBI reaches out to Sikhs after Wisconsin shooting
Washington: The FBI is reaching out to the Sikh leaders to offer condolences and support in the wake of the shooting by a lone gunman at a temple in Wisconsin, an official said on Wednesday.
"In the wake of this shooting, we are reaching out to Sikh leaders to offer condolences and provide support," Kathy Wright, spokesperson FBI national press office, said.
The outreach is in addition to the existing outreach programme the FBI already has with the Sikh community.
"As part of the FBI community outreach programme, the FBI has an existing relationship with many Sikh community advocate organisations and individuals," Wright said in response to a question.
Given the increase in hate crimes after 9/11, the FBI and other federal and local law enforcement agencies had already had several outreach programmes with the Sikhs in the US.
This is now expected to intensify after the tragic incident in Wisconsin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- IndiGo flight hits turbulence due to slogans hailing ISIS – Find shocking details here
- Facebook video row: 'Made no mistake,' says Bhagwant Mann in 5-page letter to parliamentary panel
- 'Lights Out' sequel in works
- Damn funny! This is how every rich girl in the world is like—Watch video
- West Indies vs India: We need to work hard to make series even, says Phil Simmons