FBI reaches out to Sikhs after Wisconsin shooting
Washington: The FBI is reaching out to the Sikh leaders to offer condolences and support in the wake of the shooting by a lone gunman at a temple in Wisconsin, an official said on Wednesday.
"In the wake of this shooting, we are reaching out to Sikh leaders to offer condolences and provide support," Kathy Wright, spokesperson FBI national press office, said.
The outreach is in addition to the existing outreach programme the FBI already has with the Sikh community.
"As part of the FBI community outreach programme, the FBI has an existing relationship with many Sikh community advocate organisations and individuals," Wright said in response to a question.
Given the increase in hate crimes after 9/11, the FBI and other federal and local law enforcement agencies had already had several outreach programmes with the Sikhs in the US.
This is now expected to intensify after the tragic incident in Wisconsin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you