FBI reaches out to Sikhs after Wisconsin shooting
Washington: The FBI is reaching out to the Sikh leaders to offer condolences and support in the wake of the shooting by a lone gunman at a temple in Wisconsin, an official said on Wednesday.
"In the wake of this shooting, we are reaching out to Sikh leaders to offer condolences and provide support," Kathy Wright, spokesperson FBI national press office, said.
The outreach is in addition to the existing outreach programme the FBI already has with the Sikh community.
"As part of the FBI community outreach programme, the FBI has an existing relationship with many Sikh community advocate organisations and individuals," Wright said in response to a question.
Given the increase in hate crimes after 9/11, the FBI and other federal and local law enforcement agencies had already had several outreach programmes with the Sikhs in the US.
This is now expected to intensify after the tragic incident in Wisconsin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information