FBI to probe fatal shooting of double-amputee
Houston: The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has been asked to help investigate a police officer`s fatal shooting of a wheelchair-bound double amputee, News agencies said.
Houston Police chief Charles McClelland asked the FBI to help with the investigation, reported News agencies citing TV channel ABC13.
Houston police officer Matthew Marin shot and killed one-armed and one-legged Brian Claunch Saturday inside a group home for the mentally ill when responding to a call that Claunch was causing a disturbance inside the home. Claunch died of a gunshot wound to the head.
Police said Claunch threatened Marin and was waving an object at the time of the shooting. Marin reportedly told investigators he didn`t know the object in Claunch`s hand was a writing pen.
The shooting death of a mentally-ill wheelchair-bound man by a police officer raised public concerns about how the police deal with the mentally ill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL