FBI to probe fatal shooting of double-amputee
Houston: The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has been asked to help investigate a police officer`s fatal shooting of a wheelchair-bound double amputee, News agencies said.
Houston Police chief Charles McClelland asked the FBI to help with the investigation, reported News agencies citing TV channel ABC13.
Houston police officer Matthew Marin shot and killed one-armed and one-legged Brian Claunch Saturday inside a group home for the mentally ill when responding to a call that Claunch was causing a disturbance inside the home. Claunch died of a gunshot wound to the head.
Police said Claunch threatened Marin and was waving an object at the time of the shooting. Marin reportedly told investigators he didn`t know the object in Claunch`s hand was a writing pen.
The shooting death of a mentally-ill wheelchair-bound man by a police officer raised public concerns about how the police deal with the mentally ill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing