FBI to probe Headley handlers caught by Pakistan
New Delhi: The USA’s investigating agency FBI has made Pakistan arrest two suspected LeT persons who were handling the activities of David Coleman Headley, a Pak-born American under the agency’s arrest for planning terror attacks in India.
Sajid Mir and Abdul Rehman Saeed were arrested by the Pakistani authorities for conspiring to attack Denmark and India. FBI is set to question the two in the case and has informed India about it.
Mir reportedly heads LeT’s trans-continental operations while Saeed is chief of the organisation’s Bangladesh cell and even has strong Huji ties. The two were allegedly in touch with Headley and were instructing him on operations in India.
As per the conversation between Headley and his handlers, Mir was code-named A while Saeed was called ‘Lashkar A’.
An excerpt of a conversation between Mir and Headley went like this:
‘Sajid: I want to invest(attack) in an Indian city. Not Rahul’s but another near it.
Headley: I will need to know the details. Tell me al about Northern Operation (attacks on India) so that I may make my move.
The conversation record will be enough evidence to nail the two and it is reported that India will ask Pakistan for the extradition of Mir and Saeed.
FBI gets time till Jan 14 to indict Rana
Meanwhile, a Chicago court has given 58 days’ extension to federal prosecutors to file case indictment against Tahawwur Hussain Rana, who was arrested by Federal Bureau of Investigation last month on charges of plotting major terrorist attacks in India and Denmark.
With this, the FBI has now got time till January 14 to file indictment against Rana, a Chicago resident of Pakistani-origin for allegedly plotting major terrorist attack in India.
A Canadian national, Rana had made several trips to India in the past several years along with his school-time friend David Coleman Headley, who has also been arrested on same charges.
Heeding to the request of the US Attorney Patrick J Fitzgerald who had moved a petition in this regard on Friday, Chief Justice James F Holderman of the US District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division, on Tuesday extended the time to file the indictment against Rana till January 14.
Rana, arrested last month by the FBI on charges of being part of a major plan by Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT), to carry out terror attacks in India and Denmark, is scheduled to be produced before court on November 19 when his bail plea would come up for hearing.
Earlier on October 30, the court had granted the government`s unopposed motion with respect to 49-year-old Headley, extending the time in which the government must seek an indictment against him until January 1, 2010.
Headley stayed in Pune hotel: Police
During his visit to Pune this year,
American terror suspect David Headley had stayed at a hotel
near Osho Ashram on March 16, police said on Wednesday.
The hotel `Surya Villa` is located near the commune in
Koregaon park area and frequented by foreigners coming to the
Ashram for `meditation`.
Police questioned the manager of the hotel who has
furnished details of Headley`s stay in Room No 202 along with
a copy of the passport given by him while booking the
accommodation. Headley had visited the Osho Ashram for
`meditation` during his visits to the city.
"We are scrutinising the documents submitted by
Headley, a US citizen, to hotel manager to confirm whether
they are genuine," Deputy Commissioner of Police Ravindra
Headley who paid two visits to Pune in 2008-2009 had
not registered himself with Foreigners Registration Office
(FRO) here on his arrival as required under the law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'