Fearing world`s end, he builds ark with AC
Beijing: A Chinese man is convinced the world will end in 2012, and has hired workers to build an ark like that of the biblical Noah.
The ark being built at a cost of 20,000 yuan (around $3,130) comprises an eight-metre-long tank with a diameter of 2.5 metres. It has three vents, several small windows and is equipped with six wheels so that it could be attached to a truck and moved around, the Shanghai Daily reported.
When the "doomsday floods" strike, the tank would float on water as its doors and windows can be sealed tightly, says the man from Luohe in Henan province.
The tank, which will be able to hold 20 people, is divided into three compartments. The first is a restroom and the second is a storage room that will hold one month`s food supplies and daily necessities. The last compartment is the bedroom.
Air-conditioners, power generators and kitchen appliances would also be installed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof