Female CIA agent led Navy Seals to bin Laden’s lair
Washington: Former US Navy SEAL, who has written a controversial book detailing the Abbotabad raid that killed Osama bin Laden, has credited a ‘feisty’ female CIA analyst for leading them to their target, after spending five years hunting him.
Author and retired SEAL Team 6 member Matt Bissonnette, who used the pen name Mark Owen, has revealed about the female CIA agent in his book ‘No Easy Day’ Bissonnette said the young female agent ‘teed up’ operation Neptune Spear and flew to Afghanistan with SEAL Team 6 members in late April.
"I can`t give her enough credit," Bissonnette said. "I mean, she, in my opinion, she kind of teed up this whole thing. And is just, you know, wicked smart, kind of feisty," the New York Daily News quoted Bissonnette, as saying.
According to the report, in the book, Bissonnette has addressed the analyst with ‘Jen’ and not revealed her true identity.
Bissonnette said that while other agents shuttled in and out of the Bin Laden task force, Jen remained committed to hunting the al Qaeda mastermind. After arriving in Afghanistan, the SEALs were told to cool their heels, as President Barack Obama wasn’t sure bin Laden was hiding in the Abbottabad compound, the report said.
Bissonnette said that he and the other SEALs asked the young agent, "What you do think? Think he`s there? "She`s like, ``One hundred percent. One hundred percent he`s there,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH