Female Gaddafi bodyguard killed in Egypt
Cairo: Egyptian authorities are investigating the killing of a former female bodyguard of ousted Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi. She was found stabbed to death in her Cairo apartment.
Egyptian officials said yesterday Zahraa al-Bouaishi, 31, was found dead in a pool of blood in her apartment in Nasr City district in Cairo over the weekend.
Authorities suspect al-Bouaishi`s brother.
The officials said al-Bouaishi was planning to begin an acting career in Cairo, considered a disgrace by some in her family. The officials were speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to reporters.
Al-Bouaishi defected from Gaddafi`s regime, then helped the rebels and international allies with information about some of his forces` weapons caches. She later moved to Cairo from Tunisia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- ICSI CS foundation programme exam 2016 result to be declared today on June 29. Check icsi.examresults.net
- Jay Leno survives accident
- REVEALED: Why Kumar Sangakkara left Sachin Tendulkar out of his All Time XI
- Elvis Presley's guitarist Scotty Moore dies at 84
- US backed Syrian rebel forces seize military airport near IS stronghold