Female lawyers to be allowed to practise in Saudi Arabia
Dubai: Women lawyers will soon be allowed to practise in Saudi Arabia to represent female clients in courtrooms, a media report has said.
The Ministry of Justice has said that women will be issued a restrictive form of license which will give them access to certain areas of courts and in cases in which they are representing female clients only, Arabic daily Al Madina reported quoting a senior official.
The announcement came after the ministry`s recommendation that the best way of protecting women`s rights in various cases would be by allowing them to be represented in the court by a female lawyer.
If the proposal is passed by the concerned authorities, women will have a certain section within the courts that will be solely allocated for their cases and their representative female lawyers, said the daily.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- HILARIOUS! Virender Sehwag's take on Kohli and Kabali will leave you in splits
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic
- France's Francois Hollande says Munich shooting is a ''terrorist attack''
- BSF trooper shoots dead young Muslim woman in Tripura after unsuccessful rape bid - Know what happened
- Brazilian scientists found another type of Zika-transmitting mosquito