Fidel Castro denies bad health `rumours`
Havana: Fidel Castro, the leader of the Cuban revolution, has rubbished rumours that his health is deteriorating.
"I do not even remember what a headache is," the 86-year-old leader said in the ironically titled article, "Fidel Castro`s Agony", published in the government-run newspaper Granma.
"To prove that this is a lie, I am presenting the photographs accompanying this article," Fidel added, commenting on rumours that his health had worsened and that his "state is very close to neurovegetative."
The four photographs of Fidel, clicked by his son Alex and published on Cubadebate website, show the legendary revolutionary walking around in a peasant straw hat, blue sports pants and red-checked shirt.
In one of the photos Castro can be seen with a fresh issue of Granma.
Castro said he stopped writing his "Reflections" columns because "it is not my role to occupy the pages of our media that are targeted at other aims."
"I like writing, and I write; I like studying, and I study," Fidel wrote.
Last Thursday a Spanish newspaper ABC quoted Venezuelan doctor Jose Marquina, as saying Castro had suffered a massive stroke and was dying.
Marquina has made similar claims in the past concerning Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez`s health, and those have proven false.
In April, Marquina had said Chavez, who has battled an undisclosed form of cancer, was in his "last days" and would be dead in less than a year.
But within days of Marquina`s pronouncement, the Venezuelan leader said he had beaten his cancer and appeared stronger in public.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!