Fidel Castro in good health, says son
Havana: One of Fidel Castro`s sons said the former Cuban president "is well" and maintains a daily routine that includes reading and physical exercise.
"The commander is well, going about his daily occupations, reading, doing exercises," Alex Castro said after inaugurating Thursday in the eastern city of Guantanamo an exhibit of his photographs of Fidel, the official AIN news agency reported.
Once again this week social networks like Twitter have been buzzing with rumours about the health of the 86-year-old Fidel Castro, who delegated power to younger brother Raul in 2006 after being stricken with a serious intestinal ailment.
Castro has not published his "Reflections", newspaper articles he began writing during his convalescence, since June 19, after a week when he surprised readers with a series of brief, cryptic messages.
The last photos of the leader of the Cuban Revolution to be released were in late March, when Fidel Castro, accompanied by several members of his family, was seen in Havana with Pope Benedict XVI during his pastoral visit to Cuba.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates