Fidel Castro in good health, says son
Havana: One of Fidel Castro`s sons said the former Cuban president "is well" and maintains a daily routine that includes reading and physical exercise.
"The commander is well, going about his daily occupations, reading, doing exercises," Alex Castro said after inaugurating Thursday in the eastern city of Guantanamo an exhibit of his photographs of Fidel, the official AIN news agency reported.
Once again this week social networks like Twitter have been buzzing with rumours about the health of the 86-year-old Fidel Castro, who delegated power to younger brother Raul in 2006 after being stricken with a serious intestinal ailment.
Castro has not published his "Reflections", newspaper articles he began writing during his convalescence, since June 19, after a week when he surprised readers with a series of brief, cryptic messages.
The last photos of the leader of the Cuban Revolution to be released were in late March, when Fidel Castro, accompanied by several members of his family, was seen in Havana with Pope Benedict XVI during his pastoral visit to Cuba.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'