Fidel Castro in good health, says son
Havana: One of Fidel Castro`s sons said the former Cuban president "is well" and maintains a daily routine that includes reading and physical exercise.
"The commander is well, going about his daily occupations, reading, doing exercises," Alex Castro said after inaugurating Thursday in the eastern city of Guantanamo an exhibit of his photographs of Fidel, the official AIN news agency reported.
Once again this week social networks like Twitter have been buzzing with rumours about the health of the 86-year-old Fidel Castro, who delegated power to younger brother Raul in 2006 after being stricken with a serious intestinal ailment.
Castro has not published his "Reflections", newspaper articles he began writing during his convalescence, since June 19, after a week when he surprised readers with a series of brief, cryptic messages.
The last photos of the leader of the Cuban Revolution to be released were in late March, when Fidel Castro, accompanied by several members of his family, was seen in Havana with Pope Benedict XVI during his pastoral visit to Cuba.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state