Fight leaves seven inmates dead at Mexico prison
Mexico City; Seven inmates died and two others were wounded in a fight at a prison in Tamaulipas, a state in northeastern Mexico, officials said.
The fight broke out at the prison in Altamira around 6 am Saturday, the Tamaulipas Public Safety Secretariat and the attorney general`s office said.
Nine inmates were turned over to prosecutors in connection with the fight, the secretariat and the AG`s office said in a statement.
The nine inmates confessed that they were involved in the fight, telling investigators that they killed the seven prisoners to settle scores.
The inmates were killed in cell block three in a fight with "sharp weapons", the lead investigator in the case said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand