Fighters scrambled after airspace violation near Obama plane
Seattle: Two fighter jets were scrambled after a plane flew into restricted airspace near where President Barack Obama`s Air Force One jet was parked, US aviation authorities reported.
"Two F-15 fighters from the 142nd Fighter Wing from the
Oregon Air National Guard under the direction of North
American Aerospace Defence Command scrambled in response to a
Temporary Flight Restriction violation in the vicinity of
Seattle, Washington yesterday at approximately 1:38 pm PDT,"
or 1938 GMT, NORAD said in a statement.
"The aircraft departed the restricted airspace and was
not intercepted by the fighters. A sonic boom that may have
been associated with the fighters was reported to have been
heard in the Seattle area," the command added in a statement.
NBC television said the intruder was a tour plane. A
local television station said it had cleared the area by the
time the fighters arrived, and then landed without incident.
Air space over Seattle was partly closed because of
Obama`s visit to the city as part of a cross-country tour.
NORAD is the binational Canadian and US command
responsible for the air defense of North America and maritime
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur