Filmmaker of anti-Islam movie goes into hiding
New York: The California-based filmmaker, whose movie sparked violent assaults in Libya that led to the killing of the US Ambassador, has gone into hiding and blamed poor security at US missions abroad for attacks on American personnel.
A YouTube trailer of Sam Bacile`s movie, that is being deemed offensive to Islam, set off angry assaults on US missions in Egypt and Libya.
The US consulate in Benghazi was set on fire yesterday reportedly killing one American consular official.
Later, an angry mob armed with rockets and guns stormed the American consulate in Benghazi last night resulting in the death of US ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and three members of his staff.
Bacile was apologetic about the American consular official who was killed but he blamed lax embassy security and the perpetrators of the violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?