Filmmaker of anti-Islam movie goes into hiding
New York: The California-based filmmaker, whose movie sparked violent assaults in Libya that led to the killing of the US Ambassador, has gone into hiding and blamed poor security at US missions abroad for attacks on American personnel.
A YouTube trailer of Sam Bacile`s movie, that is being deemed offensive to Islam, set off angry assaults on US missions in Egypt and Libya.
The US consulate in Benghazi was set on fire yesterday reportedly killing one American consular official.
Later, an angry mob armed with rockets and guns stormed the American consulate in Benghazi last night resulting in the death of US ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and three members of his staff.
Bacile was apologetic about the American consular official who was killed but he blamed lax embassy security and the perpetrators of the violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal