Finland: Two killed in shooting; gunman held
Helsinki: An 18-year-old gunman has killed two people and wounded seven others in a southern Finnish town, police said.
The suspect was arrested early Saturday, Xinhua reported.
According to the Finnish Broadcasting Company, the shooting took place in the southern city of Hyvinkaa.
The gunman opened fire towards restaurants and shops from a building near a railway station in the city centre. The gunman killed an 18-year-old woman and an 18-year-old man, and injured seven others.
The gunman fled the scene after the shooting, but was apprehended soon.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert