Finland: Two killed in shooting; gunman held
Helsinki: An 18-year-old gunman has killed two people and wounded seven others in a southern Finnish town, police said.
The suspect was arrested early Saturday, Xinhua reported.
According to the Finnish Broadcasting Company, the shooting took place in the southern city of Hyvinkaa.
The gunman opened fire towards restaurants and shops from a building near a railway station in the city centre. The gunman killed an 18-year-old woman and an 18-year-old man, and injured seven others.
The gunman fled the scene after the shooting, but was apprehended soon.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh