Finland: Two killed in shooting; gunman held
Helsinki: An 18-year-old gunman has killed two people and wounded seven others in a southern Finnish town, police said.
The suspect was arrested early Saturday, Xinhua reported.
According to the Finnish Broadcasting Company, the shooting took place in the southern city of Hyvinkaa.
The gunman opened fire towards restaurants and shops from a building near a railway station in the city centre. The gunman killed an 18-year-old woman and an 18-year-old man, and injured seven others.
The gunman fled the scene after the shooting, but was apprehended soon.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- WikiLeaks to release 'significant' material on Clinton
- Fernando Alonso praises McLaren as Honda introduce engine upgrades
- Want to get rid of nail biting habit? Try these ways!
- ''Russia pondering alternative games for banned paralympians''
- Mercury's peculiar surface a mystery no more; NASA scientists solve the puzzle!