Finland: Two killed in shooting; gunman held
Helsinki: An 18-year-old gunman has killed two people and wounded seven others in a southern Finnish town, police said.
The suspect was arrested early Saturday, Xinhua reported.
According to the Finnish Broadcasting Company, the shooting took place in the southern city of Hyvinkaa.
The gunman opened fire towards restaurants and shops from a building near a railway station in the city centre. The gunman killed an 18-year-old woman and an 18-year-old man, and injured seven others.
The gunman fled the scene after the shooting, but was apprehended soon.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air