Fire at German farm kills 86 camels
Berlin: Police say a fire has destroyed a camel farm in the Black Forest region of southwestern Germany, killing 86 animals and causing up to USD 2.7 million in damage.
The dpa news agency reported the fire broke out in the early hours on Thursday. The farm`s 73-year-old owner was able to save five of his camels but the rest were trapped in their stalls and died.
It took around 100 firefighters to bring the blaze under control and experts are still trying to determine the cause.
The farm, which offered guests the opportunity to ride camels and also sold camel milk, had been in operation for decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi