Fire at German farm kills 86 camels
Berlin: Police say a fire has destroyed a camel farm in the Black Forest region of southwestern Germany, killing 86 animals and causing up to USD 2.7 million in damage.
The dpa news agency reported the fire broke out in the early hours on Thursday. The farm`s 73-year-old owner was able to save five of his camels but the rest were trapped in their stalls and died.
It took around 100 firefighters to bring the blaze under control and experts are still trying to determine the cause.
The farm, which offered guests the opportunity to ride camels and also sold camel milk, had been in operation for decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!