Fire at German farm kills 86 camels
Berlin: Police say a fire has destroyed a camel farm in the Black Forest region of southwestern Germany, killing 86 animals and causing up to USD 2.7 million in damage.
The dpa news agency reported the fire broke out in the early hours on Thursday. The farm`s 73-year-old owner was able to save five of his camels but the rest were trapped in their stalls and died.
It took around 100 firefighters to bring the blaze under control and experts are still trying to determine the cause.
The farm, which offered guests the opportunity to ride camels and also sold camel milk, had been in operation for decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details