Fire at karaoke bar in South Korea, nine killed
Seoul: At least nine people, including three Sri Lankans, were killed and 25 injured when a fire broke out at a karaoke bar in a South Korean city, said authorities on Sunday.
According to the police, the incident occurred on Saturday evening in the port city of Busan where fire broke out in the karaoke bar located on the third floor of a six-storey building in the downtown city. Heavy smoke immediately engulfed the entire floor, Xinhua reported.
Dozens of people rushed to the top of the building and were rescued. However, nine people were killed as they failed to escape the fire.
Authorities suspect a gas explosion may have caused the fire. A probe is being conducted to know the cause of the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference