Fire at karaoke bar in South Korea, nine killed
Seoul: At least nine people, including three Sri Lankans, were killed and 25 injured when a fire broke out at a karaoke bar in a South Korean city, said authorities on Sunday.
According to the police, the incident occurred on Saturday evening in the port city of Busan where fire broke out in the karaoke bar located on the third floor of a six-storey building in the downtown city. Heavy smoke immediately engulfed the entire floor, Xinhua reported.
Dozens of people rushed to the top of the building and were rescued. However, nine people were killed as they failed to escape the fire.
Authorities suspect a gas explosion may have caused the fire. A probe is being conducted to know the cause of the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...