Fire at Logan Airport fuel pumps quickly contained
Boston: A fire near fuel pumps at Boston Logan International Airport has sent thick, black smoke into the air but has been quickly contained and has caused no injuries.
Airport operator Massport says the fire broke out near Logan`s BOS fuel farm last evening and firefighters had it under control about a half-hour later.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Massport says it temporarily suspended use of the airport`s underground fuel system as a precaution.
Logan is New England`s largest transportation center, with 12,000 employees and tens of millions of passengers each year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!