Fire at US N-power plant
Washington: A fire broke out in a nuclear power plant in
Texas in the US, forcing one of two units to be shut down, a media report said Wednesday.
No injuries were reported in Tuesday`s fire in the Unit 2 main transformer of the South Texas Project Electric Generating Station near Bay City, 140 km from Houston, Xinhua reported.
Officials said the fire was quickly put out. The unit was automatically taken offline but the other transformer remained in operation.
A spokesperson said the fire posed no hazard to the public or to plant workers. The plant with two 1,350-MW generators serves two million users.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city