Fire at US N-power plant
Washington: A fire broke out in a nuclear power plant in
Texas in the US, forcing one of two units to be shut down, a media report said Wednesday.
No injuries were reported in Tuesday`s fire in the Unit 2 main transformer of the South Texas Project Electric Generating Station near Bay City, 140 km from Houston, Xinhua reported.
Officials said the fire was quickly put out. The unit was automatically taken offline but the other transformer remained in operation.
A spokesperson said the fire posed no hazard to the public or to plant workers. The plant with two 1,350-MW generators serves two million users.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!