Fire breaks out at hospital holding Spain`s king
Madrid: Spain`s royal palace says a small fire broke out at a Madrid hospital on Wednesday where King Juan Carlos is being treated but that the monarch is fine and does not have to be moved.
A palace spokesman said the fire started before 8 am On the opposite side of La Milagrosa hospital from where the king is. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of palace regulations.
Spanish television said the fire started in a boiler room and caused some blasts. No one was seriously injured. Hospital spokesman Eduardo Gismero says the fire was put out.
The king, 75, is recovering from surgery he underwent on Sunday for herniated discs in his lower spine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family