Fire breaks out at hospital holding Spain`s king
Madrid: Spain`s royal palace says a small fire broke out at a Madrid hospital on Wednesday where King Juan Carlos is being treated but that the monarch is fine and does not have to be moved.
A palace spokesman said the fire started before 8 am On the opposite side of La Milagrosa hospital from where the king is. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of palace regulations.
Spanish television said the fire started in a boiler room and caused some blasts. No one was seriously injured. Hospital spokesman Eduardo Gismero says the fire was put out.
The king, 75, is recovering from surgery he underwent on Sunday for herniated discs in his lower spine.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata