Fire breaks out at US State Department, 3 hurt
Washington: District of Columbia fire officials say three people were seriously injured after a fire broke out at the State Department`s headquarters in Washington.
Fire and EMS spokesman Lon Walls said the fire broke out at around 11 am yesterday in the ductwork on the 7th floor as crews were working on the building. Workers were able to put the fire out before firefighters arrived, but not before three people suffered burns.
Walls said one person suffered life threatening injuries and two others had serious but non-life threatening injuries.
All three were taken to Washington Hospital Centre. There were few federal employees in the building because of the holiday weekend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security