Fire breaks out at US State Department, 3 hurt
Washington: District of Columbia fire officials say three people were seriously injured after a fire broke out at the State Department`s headquarters in Washington.
Fire and EMS spokesman Lon Walls said the fire broke out at around 11 am yesterday in the ductwork on the 7th floor as crews were working on the building. Workers were able to put the fire out before firefighters arrived, but not before three people suffered burns.
Walls said one person suffered life threatening injuries and two others had serious but non-life threatening injuries.
All three were taken to Washington Hospital Centre. There were few federal employees in the building because of the holiday weekend.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India