Fire breaks out in Cairo office: Al-Jazeera
Cairo: Al-Jazeera has said a fire broke out in the network`s office in the Egyptian capital, destroying cameras and other equipment.
A statement by the Qatar-based TV station said that the fire started yesterday morning. It says no one was working there, as the station`s offices had been closed by authorities following the July coup that ousted the country`s elected Islamist president Mohamed Morsi.
Al-Jazeera called on Egypt to investigate the fire. Egypt`s military-backed government has accused Al-Jazeera of bias because Qatar is perceived to have supported Morsi`s Muslim Brotherhood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened