Fire causes blast at Swedish power plant
Stockholm: A huge fire at a thermal power plant in Sweden caused an explosion in a turbine, but there were no reports of any casualties.
Control room personnel called rescue services when the fire alarm rang in the electricity company in Orebro city, around 160 km west of the capital city of Stockholm, news agency reported citing Swedish television channel SVT.
Rescue personnel were for some time unable to get into the building due to the heat inside. Firemen activated the sprinkler system an hour after the blaze started, which helped bring the fire under control.
A large cloud of smoke was seen sweeping through the city, but police said the smoke was not poisonous.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing