Fire causes blast at Swedish power plant
Stockholm: A huge fire at a thermal power plant in Sweden caused an explosion in a turbine, but there were no reports of any casualties.
Control room personnel called rescue services when the fire alarm rang in the electricity company in Orebro city, around 160 km west of the capital city of Stockholm, news agency reported citing Swedish television channel SVT.
Rescue personnel were for some time unable to get into the building due to the heat inside. Firemen activated the sprinkler system an hour after the blaze started, which helped bring the fire under control.
A large cloud of smoke was seen sweeping through the city, but police said the smoke was not poisonous.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar