Fire causes blast at Swedish power plant
Stockholm: A huge fire at a thermal power plant in Sweden caused an explosion in a turbine, but there were no reports of any casualties.
Control room personnel called rescue services when the fire alarm rang in the electricity company in Orebro city, around 160 km west of the capital city of Stockholm, news agency reported citing Swedish television channel SVT.
Rescue personnel were for some time unable to get into the building due to the heat inside. Firemen activated the sprinkler system an hour after the blaze started, which helped bring the fire under control.
A large cloud of smoke was seen sweeping through the city, but police said the smoke was not poisonous.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'