Fire causes blast at Swedish power plant
Stockholm: A huge fire at a thermal power plant in Sweden caused an explosion in a turbine, but there were no reports of any casualties.
Control room personnel called rescue services when the fire alarm rang in the electricity company in Orebro city, around 160 km west of the capital city of Stockholm, news agency reported citing Swedish television channel SVT.
Rescue personnel were for some time unable to get into the building due to the heat inside. Firemen activated the sprinkler system an hour after the blaze started, which helped bring the fire under control.
A large cloud of smoke was seen sweeping through the city, but police said the smoke was not poisonous.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened