Fire damages former Nigerian president`s house
Abuja: The house of ex-Nigerian president Olusegun Obasanjo in southwestern city of Abeokuta was on Thursday damaged by a fire outbreak allegedly caused by a power surge.
The inferno was brought under control, local radio station Inspiration FM said.
The former president, who ruled the country between 1999 to 2007, is said to be out of town.
Nigeria is in dry season and fire outbreaks are common.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY