Fire damages former Nigerian president`s house
Abuja: The house of ex-Nigerian president Olusegun Obasanjo in southwestern city of Abeokuta was on Thursday damaged by a fire outbreak allegedly caused by a power surge.
The inferno was brought under control, local radio station Inspiration FM said.
The former president, who ruled the country between 1999 to 2007, is said to be out of town.
Nigeria is in dry season and fire outbreaks are common.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional