Fire hits Turkish prison for second day in row
Aankara: An official says inmates in a prison in southeast Turkey have started a fire that injured 14 prisoners, a day after a blaze killed more than a dozen inmates in the same facility.
Provincial Gov Celalettin Guvenc said today`s fire was started at a ward where juveniles were kept in the city of Sanliurfa, although the hospitalized included adults.
It is not clear if the fire was started to protest of the deaths of 13 people at the same prison Sunday, when some inmates set ablaze mattresses and blankets after a fight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui