Fire hits Turkish prison for second day in row
Aankara: An official says inmates in a prison in southeast Turkey have started a fire that injured 14 prisoners, a day after a blaze killed more than a dozen inmates in the same facility.
Provincial Gov Celalettin Guvenc said today`s fire was started at a ward where juveniles were kept in the city of Sanliurfa, although the hospitalized included adults.
It is not clear if the fire was started to protest of the deaths of 13 people at the same prison Sunday, when some inmates set ablaze mattresses and blankets after a fight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test