Fire hits Turkish prison for second day in row
Aankara: An official says inmates in a prison in southeast Turkey have started a fire that injured 14 prisoners, a day after a blaze killed more than a dozen inmates in the same facility.
Provincial Gov Celalettin Guvenc said today`s fire was started at a ward where juveniles were kept in the city of Sanliurfa, although the hospitalized included adults.
It is not clear if the fire was started to protest of the deaths of 13 people at the same prison Sunday, when some inmates set ablaze mattresses and blankets after a fight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends