Fire hits Turkish prison for second day in row
Aankara: An official says inmates in a prison in southeast Turkey have started a fire that injured 14 prisoners, a day after a blaze killed more than a dozen inmates in the same facility.
Provincial Gov Celalettin Guvenc said today`s fire was started at a ward where juveniles were kept in the city of Sanliurfa, although the hospitalized included adults.
It is not clear if the fire was started to protest of the deaths of 13 people at the same prison Sunday, when some inmates set ablaze mattresses and blankets after a fight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation