Fire in Nicaragua destroys four restaurants
Managua: At least four restaurants and one property were destroyed Sunday by a fire in Nicaragua`s western city of Leon, authorities said.
There were no victims in the fire in the city`s centre with bars and restaurants, Xinhua quoted Eliezer Eugarrio, chief of Leon`s Fire Brigade (DGB), as saying in a press conference. Leon is located 93 km west of Managua.
Eugarrio said the fire occurred at 5:45 a.m. and firefighters controlled the fire an hour later despite lack of enough water pumps.
"We are working together with the police to find out the cause of the fire" so investigations may continue, he said.
Eugarrio said the fire destroyed three bars and affected another bar and other property.
Assaff William Schick, owner of El Bar-baro, was quoted as the economic losses were estimated at between $120,000 and 150,000.
A witness said he was in his home in El Sagrario neighbourhood, when he heard a loud blast that came from El Bar-baro and he immediately noticed smoke and fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 26-year-old woman gives birth to rare conjoined twins in Mumbai hospital
- UPSC topper Tina Dabi's advice to girl students - Read
- Omar Abdullah rubbishes Mehbooba Mufti's claim, says ''she was aware of security encounter with Wani''
- Mainpuri Dalit couple murder: Akhilesh govt assures speedy justice to victim's kin
- Church attacker threatened France in new video