Fire in Nicaragua destroys four restaurants
Managua: At least four restaurants and one property were destroyed Sunday by a fire in Nicaragua`s western city of Leon, authorities said.
There were no victims in the fire in the city`s centre with bars and restaurants, Xinhua quoted Eliezer Eugarrio, chief of Leon`s Fire Brigade (DGB), as saying in a press conference. Leon is located 93 km west of Managua.
Eugarrio said the fire occurred at 5:45 a.m. and firefighters controlled the fire an hour later despite lack of enough water pumps.
"We are working together with the police to find out the cause of the fire" so investigations may continue, he said.
Eugarrio said the fire destroyed three bars and affected another bar and other property.
Assaff William Schick, owner of El Bar-baro, was quoted as the economic losses were estimated at between $120,000 and 150,000.
A witness said he was in his home in El Sagrario neighbourhood, when he heard a loud blast that came from El Bar-baro and he immediately noticed smoke and fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack