Fire in Nicaragua destroys four restaurants
Managua: At least four restaurants and one property were destroyed Sunday by a fire in Nicaragua`s western city of Leon, authorities said.
There were no victims in the fire in the city`s centre with bars and restaurants, Xinhua quoted Eliezer Eugarrio, chief of Leon`s Fire Brigade (DGB), as saying in a press conference. Leon is located 93 km west of Managua.
Eugarrio said the fire occurred at 5:45 a.m. and firefighters controlled the fire an hour later despite lack of enough water pumps.
"We are working together with the police to find out the cause of the fire" so investigations may continue, he said.
Eugarrio said the fire destroyed three bars and affected another bar and other property.
Assaff William Schick, owner of El Bar-baro, was quoted as the economic losses were estimated at between $120,000 and 150,000.
A witness said he was in his home in El Sagrario neighbourhood, when he heard a loud blast that came from El Bar-baro and he immediately noticed smoke and fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand