Fire on bridge sends smoke billowing over NYC
New York: Firefighters are finishing up a battle against a blaze on a major New York City bridge that sent huge clouds of smoke billowing over the city.
There were no reports of injuries on Saturday in the fire on the Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge. Traffic delays were reported on the major crossing between Manhattan and Queens.
The thick smoke billowed from the double-decker span`s lower level.
The fire department said the blaze was out but firefighters were still at the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh