Fire on bridge sends smoke billowing over NYC
New York: Firefighters are finishing up a battle against a blaze on a major New York City bridge that sent huge clouds of smoke billowing over the city.
There were no reports of injuries on Saturday in the fire on the Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge. Traffic delays were reported on the major crossing between Manhattan and Queens.
The thick smoke billowed from the double-decker span`s lower level.
The fire department said the blaze was out but firefighters were still at the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy