Firebomb attack on Spain ruling party office
Madrid: Police in Spain`s northern Basque region say an office of the ruling conservative Popular Party was slightly damaged after being attacked with two Molotov cocktails.
They say the pre-dawn incident today caused minor damage to the front of the office in the town of Barakaldo. No one was injured.
No group claimed the attack but it coincides with an increase in street vandalism in some areas that is blamed on supporters of the armed Basque separatist group ETA.
Such outbreaks have diminished greatly since ETA ended its armed campaign in 2011. But the group refuses to disarm and has many members still in Spanish jails.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended