First glimpse of Britain’s royal baby
Zee Media Bureau
London: The world had the first glimpse of the royal baby on Tuesday evening as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge emerged with their newborn baby from St Mary’s Hospital.
Kate Middleton walked out of the hospital along with Prince William and her baby and said that it was “a special time for any parent" and the experience has been extremely “emotional,” as per a BBC report.
When asked about the name of the baby, Prince William said that they are “still working on a name,” the report states.
The smiling parents looked relaxed as they showed the first glimpse of the future monarch.
The new parents also revealed that it was Prince William who changed the first nappy of their son.
“He`s got a good pair of lungs on him, that`s for sure. He`s a big boy, he`s quite heavy. "It`s the first time we have seen him really so we are having a proper chance to catch up," William said.
Speaking to the hundreds of people that have been waiting to catch a glimpse of the royal baby, Prince William said, "I`ll remind him of his tardiness when he`s a bit older.”
"I know how long you`ve all been standing here so hopefully the hospital and you guys can all go back to normal now and we can go and look after him."
When asked about the baby`s hair, William said that "He`s got way more than me, thank God," as per a news agency report.
Soon after, the new parents went back to the Lindo Wing. When they emerged later, William placed the baby in the car seat and drove off his family back to the Kensington Palace.
Prince Charles had arrived at the hospital in west London on Tuesday to meet his grandson and future prince, the son of new royal parents Prince William and Kate Middleton.
Soon after meeting his grandson, he called the baby ‘marvellous.’
The visit by Prince of Wales along with Princes of Cornwall came hours after the visit of Kate’s parents - Carole and Michael Middleton.
The Middletons arrived today soon after the birth of couple’s first child, the third in line to the British throne.
After spending over an hour at the hospital, Carole said that her grandson is “absolutely beautiful” and her daughter and Prince William are doing “fabulously.”
Both William and Kate had issued a statement earlier thanking the hospital staff for the “tremendous care the three of us have received.”
The royal heir was born in the Lindo Wing at St Mary’s Hsopital in Paddington on Monday evening at 4.24 pm and weighed 3.8 kgs.
The King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery fired a gun salute at London’s Green Park and Honourable Artillery Company fired a 62-gun salute at Tower of London to mark the birth of the future monarch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price