First Lady Bush released from hospital
Houston: Former first lady Barbara Bush was
on Wednesday discharged from Methodist hospital here after undergoing
medical tests for four days.
Bush, 84, was hospitalised on Saturday to undergo some
routine medical examinations, including blood tests and
imaging studies, after she had not been feeling well for about
Doctors believe Bush may have had a mild relapse of her
Graves` disease, a thyroid condition for which she was
treated in 1989 and have adjusted her medication, a
statement released by the hospital said.
Graves is a form of hyperthyroidism and occurs when the
immune system mistakenly attacks thyroid gland and causes it
to overproduce the hormone thyroxine. The disease causes a
dramatically increased metabolism, but is rarely fatal.
- REVEALED: Outdoing Virat Kohli makes AB de Villiers 'proud' - Here's why!
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style