First Lady Bush released from hospital
Houston: Former first lady Barbara Bush was
on Wednesday discharged from Methodist hospital here after undergoing
medical tests for four days.
Bush, 84, was hospitalised on Saturday to undergo some
routine medical examinations, including blood tests and
imaging studies, after she had not been feeling well for about
Doctors believe Bush may have had a mild relapse of her
Graves` disease, a thyroid condition for which she was
treated in 1989 and have adjusted her medication, a
statement released by the hospital said.
Graves is a form of hyperthyroidism and occurs when the
immune system mistakenly attacks thyroid gland and causes it
to overproduce the hormone thyroxine. The disease causes a
dramatically increased metabolism, but is rarely fatal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February