First Lady Bush released from hospital
Houston: Former first lady Barbara Bush was
on Wednesday discharged from Methodist hospital here after undergoing
medical tests for four days.
Bush, 84, was hospitalised on Saturday to undergo some
routine medical examinations, including blood tests and
imaging studies, after she had not been feeling well for about
Doctors believe Bush may have had a mild relapse of her
Graves` disease, a thyroid condition for which she was
treated in 1989 and have adjusted her medication, a
statement released by the hospital said.
Graves is a form of hyperthyroidism and occurs when the
immune system mistakenly attacks thyroid gland and causes it
to overproduce the hormone thyroxine. The disease causes a
dramatically increased metabolism, but is rarely fatal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire