First president Bush visits Obama at White House
Washington: Former president George HW Bush and his son Jeb paid a social call on President Barack Obama at the White House on Saturday.
The former president, 85, walked gingerly into the White House, using a cane, as heavy snow fell. He departed 35 minutes later, telling reporters it was a "good meeting, good meeting”.
His son Jeb, a former governor of Florida, was with him.
White House aides said the visit was simply a social call because the former president was in Washington for a dinner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Dalai Lama urges Tibetan unity as political leader sworn in
- Online application process for NEET II available now. Check www.aipmt.nic.in
- Middle East refugees help Europe prosecute war crimes
- Six militants, soldier killed in separate Kashmir gunfights
- Hillary Clinton says she is ready for Donald Trump's fantasy campaign