First president Bush visits Obama at White House
Washington: Former president George HW Bush and his son Jeb paid a social call on President Barack Obama at the White House on Saturday.
The former president, 85, walked gingerly into the White House, using a cane, as heavy snow fell. He departed 35 minutes later, telling reporters it was a "good meeting, good meeting”.
His son Jeb, a former governor of Florida, was with him.
White House aides said the visit was simply a social call because the former president was in Washington for a dinner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users