First Royal baby birth to be announced via twitter
London: Ain`t he tweet? Prince Cambridge, the newborn son of Prince William and Kate Middleton, is the first royal baby whose birth was announced to the world via Twitter.
Clarence House broke the news on the social networking site at the same time as the announcement was made to the world`s press, the Sun reported.
Prince Cambridge, as the first child of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge is to be known until being officially named, was born yesterday at the private Lindo wing at St Mary`s Hospital in Paddington, central London.
The account @ClarenceHouse, which has more than 327,000 followers, tweeted: "Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered of a son at 4:24pm."
The post had been retweeted many times last night.
And the official British Monarchy account wrote: "The Queen and Prince Philip are delighted at the news of the birth of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge`s baby."
Politicians were also quick to offer their wishes to William and Kate.
Prime Minister David Cameron said: "I`m delighted for the Duke and Duchess now their son has been born. The whole country will celebrate. They`ll make wonderful parents"
Mayor of London Boris Johnson, added: "Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on their new arrival."
Labour leader Ed Miliband said: "Many congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. I wish them and their son happiness and good health."
US President Barack Obama posted: "So pleased to congratulate The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the joyous occasion of the birth of their first child."
Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby welcomed the news by tweeting: "Delighted for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge as they welcome their baby boy. May God bless them all with love, health and happiness."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!